Heat-Sensitive Memory Foam Sleep Mask Review

Almost all of the sleep masks I've looked at appear to ignore that people have noses. They make some little adjustment to get a nose (which the designers must believe is the size of a thimble and on the upper lip). This mask is no exception. Aside from that, it is really comfortable, and I was able to modify it into a really cozy and light-blocking mask, if an ugly one.

This mask is of the "rests on the eyelids" type. It truly is made from "thermal memory foam" that is soft nevertheless firm, and is covered using a black synthetic velour/velvet kind materials. There's a roll of foam/velour at the bottom to rest on the cheeks as well as a little indentation within the roll for your nose. As with many masks, I found that the nose allowance was hopelessly small, and the mask gapped badly at the bottom. Besides that, it was quite comfy. The velour felt great against my skin and didn't irritate, as several synthetic components do. The foam did countour itself nicely to my face, except at the bottom. I was able to slide the wide adjustable strap down so it covered my ears; this gave some sound blocking and also assisted to keep ear plugs in place.

Because the mask "almost" worked for me, and was quite great except for your gap, I decided to experiment with it, to see if I could make it perform, and I was able to. I cut the threads holding the cheek roll so that it hung down straight through the mask, then cut a slit straight up from the nose indentation, about 2 inches. This causes the mask to become significantly longer and to lie flatter against the face, and in addition provides a great gap for the nose to poke by means of. The result is really comfy and has no light-admitting gaps, even when I "scrunch up" my face. Plus, my nose does not have stress on it, and can breathe. It's a bit ugly, because the foam pokes out from the slit a bit, nonetheless it works.

StumpleUpon DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google I'm reading: Heat-Sensitive Memory Foam Sleep Mask Review ~ Twitter FaceBook

0 comments:

Post a Comment